Qualifications: Minimum four year degree in Business, engineering or bioscience, with Masters of Business degree. At least four years of experience in the marketing and sales disciplines pertaining to spinal implants and/or medical devices.
Proficiency with documents, legal documents, pricing agreements, patents, journals, software packages such as MS-Office, (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and excellent writing and verbal communications skills. Candidate must be able to work with the challenges presented by a small developing company and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a demanding environment. There is usually a significant travel obligation associated with positions of this nature, and candidate is expected to manager travel to best achieve the performance goals of the Company in the most cost and time effective manner.
Position Description: Implements, manages and coordinates all aspects associated with achieving the objectives for development and successful marketization of the Company’s products, from product concept through launch and commercialization, including: conceptualization, design, development, manufacturing, testing, regulatory, marketing and sales.
Responsibilities: The Product Manager works closely with Surgeons and other clinicians, Engineering, RA/QA, Sales and Sales Management to prioritize market trends and opportunities, evaluate product design concept and specifications, ensure product concepts can be reduced to successful practice, and working with clinical surgeon panels to develop products that meet the needs of the market. Responsibilities include moderating meetings, incorporating meeting decision into design concepts, developing evaluation protocols, attending and managing surgical evaluations, and providing follow up and documentation of design decisions. Downstream marketing management requires knowledge and competency with marketing collateral creation, including but not limited to website, advertising, graphic design, editing/copy writing ads, Inter/Intranet content, and various marketing literatures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following:
- Responsible for implementation of marketing strategies and development of regional tactics to support execution of the overall strategy.
- Develop sales tools and other materials to help support sales efforts in the defined regions.
- Create fiscal year budgets and stay within budget targets throughout the year.
- Communicate back to other functional areas any market, operational, regulatory or other information pertinent to effectively managing the defined area of responsibility.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Assist in: hiring and training of sales and marketing employees & distributors; planning, assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Prepares ongoing communication to the senior management team to ensure that key issues, opportunities and concerns are identified.
- Evaluate technology and its application to existing and new product development.
- Cultivate both surgeons and sales representatives to meet and/or exceed marketing objectives.
- Assist with all aspects of marketing, including professional education, sales training, and customer service.
- Importantly, you will need to develop a close working relationship with the engineering and R&D departments, and the entire sales management organization, ensuring that their immediate and longer term needs are met. You will need to develop a deep understanding of the market and competition, and you will be required to provide insights regarding pricing, product and marketing campaigns.
Location: Huntley, IL 60142