- Understanding of market analysis, planning, development and management. • Strong technical as well as conceptual aptitude.
- Strategic/tactical planning and implementation capabilities.
- Successful history of leadership and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Technically sensitive and receptive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, planning, marketing and product development.
Education and Experience:
Four-year degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a science, with Masters of Business degree. Must have minimum five years of experience in the marketing & sales disciplines pertaining to spinal implants.
Under minimal supervision, identifies and implement product strategies, marketing plans, promotional programs and related activities to support existing spinal product lines ensuring products meet Company goals and expectations. Develops product marketing plans by preparing objectives, strategies, tactics, profit and loss projections, including short and long-term strategies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following:
- Manages downstream product development marketing activities for specific products within the respective Group, including new idea review and recommendations, concept and design development, technique development, project management and market introduction.
- Recommends product line extensions and/or line trimming, forecasting, pricing strategies, literature/video/sales support materials, manufacturing support and customer service/operations support for existing product line(s).
- Determines strategic product line decisions such as priority of product or line enhancements which optimize organizational goals and objectives by evaluating competitors’ products and by determining market share and market trends; keeps others informed by maintaining and distributing competitive comparisons and evaluations. Develops product oriented positioning documents, product profiles, competitive analysis, presentations, demos, white papers, product updates and content for corporate marketing vehicles such as web sites, brochures and seminars.
- Monitors product development progress with engineering, manufacturing, regulatory affairs and related departments to ensure product line objectives are achieved on a timely basis.
- Maintains frequent and regular contact with strategic industry experts and trade organizations, field visits with key surgeons and sales consultants, participation in key meetings and conferences to ensure company and products are perceived superior relative to the competition.
- Collaborates with sales to ensure a high quality of sales support in terms of new product/market introductions, sales training programs, key surgeon/key account field visits and regular communication, both responsive as well as proactive.
- Establishes and maintains key close professional relationships with internal and external constituents to stay abreast of new market opportunities. Continually pushes for new innovations within existing product line.
- Routinely interfaces with the managers/directors of other product lines offered by the company to fully understand the relationships within the portfolio of products offered by the Company.
- Monitors forecasts as necessary and works collaboratively with other departments to ensure product availability throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Maintains up-to-date product and industry knowledge by regular review of the literature, co-traveling with field sales personnel, attending surgeries, etc.
- Supports the Company’s medical education initiative by assisting in the preparation and running of surgeon training courses which may include didactic and cadaver labs.
- Works collaboratively with marketing communications and other related departments to ensure products are properly positioned in the market utilizing creative promotional, pricing, service, and product characteristic strategies to maximize sales and profits.
- Participates in strategic sales and marketing planning activities for assigned products in order to identify key targets, surgeons, and hospitals by specific product.
- Perform other duties as required
Location: Huntley, IL 60142
Expected Travel Time: 20%