Title: Area Sales Manager
Reports To: Area Vice President of Sales
Job Code: 10.5.6
Qualifications: Four-year degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Bioscience or a related field is preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent is required, with a minimum of five years of experience in the Orthopedic (Spine) Sales Management disciplines.
Essential experience and skills:
- Demonstrates strong analytical, problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, good organizational traits.
- Self-motivated, with strong leadership abilities.
- Candidate must be results oriented, multi-tasking, quick learner, respond to the urgent needs of the team and show a strong track record of meeting deadlines.
- Computer proficient, including intermediate level understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Area Sales Manager for Life Spine, your core focus will be on identifying new customers, selling to KOLs and assisting in the transference and ongoing customer support of these new customers. Through sales calls, PULSE visits and other related sales activities, you will be responsible for securing new customers. You will assist in the clinical support of procedures with new customers to ensure excellent outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities also include:
- Aggressively visit hospitals and solicit orders from present and prospective customers for the assigned products;
- Manage independent sales agents’ communication and internal coordination of sales support infrastructure: sales support, operations and executive team to ensure customer education and satisfaction;
- Significant travel within assigned territory to cover hospital cases, make account calls, move loaner sets to needed locations and attend meetings, training programs, conventions and trade shows, which may include overnight travel as deemed necessary to accomplish sales objectives;
- Recruit, train, and oversee the development of distributor agents;
- Identify and qualify viable prospects in assigned territory;
- Establish and maintain effective one-to-one relationships with sales agents though counseling and other leadership skills;
- Track the activity and performance trends of sales agents, address with individual, as appropriate, and assure that sales agents understand and adhere to all standards, policies, and procedures;
- Provide consistent field interaction and communication to ensure company’s message is clearly communicated;
- Build rapport and trust with agents and key surgeons to foster interdependent relationships that create strong connectivity;
- Coordinate training events for agents as needed;
- Assess quality of agents and recommend any changes necessary to accomplish sales objectives;
- Provide to management monthly reports regarding the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats of the assigned territory;
- Provide constant interaction with sales management regarding area sales objectives and provide quarterly area sales plans and results;
- Provide to sales management weekly reports regarding travel schedule;
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Proficiency with documents, journals, software packages such as Salesforce.com, Word, Excel, Outlook and excellent writing and verbal communication skills are required. Additionally, candidate must be able to work with the challenges presented by a small developing company and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a demanding environment.
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs.
Position Status: Full Time, Salary