Territory: Mountain, Great Plains, Pacific West, Northeast
Qualifications: Four-year degree in Engineering, Bio-Engineering, Bioscience, Business or Marketing with at least ten (10) years of experience in the Orthopedic (Spine Preferred) Sales Management disciplines.
As an Area Vice President of Sales for Life Spine, you will be responsible for generating new revenue for the company within your assigned geographical area. You will successfully manage independent distributors and sales representatives within your area of responsibility to achieve and exceed performance goals. This will require strong experience in building sales teams and hiring top talent, forecasting, developing monthly sales quotas for territories and projecting expected sales volume for existing and new products by revenue stream. You will be required to think like a P&L owner, develop a deep understanding of the market and competition while also providing region specific insights regarding pricing, product and marketing campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities also include:
- Aggressively visit hospitals and solicit orders from present and prospective customers for the assigned products;
- Work with existing sales team to manage penetration within targeted new accounts with a regional perspective;
- Manage independent sales teams’ communication and internal coordination of sales support infrastructure: sales support, operations and executive team to ensure customer education and satisfaction;
- Significant travel within assigned territory to cover hospital cases, make account calls, move loaner sets to needed locations and attend meetings, training programs, conventions and trade shows, which may include overnight travel as deemed necessary to accomplish sales objectives;
- Recruit, train, and oversee the development of spinal sales professionals;
- Identify and qualify viable prospects in assigned territory;
- Establish and maintain effective one-to-one relationships with sales professionals though counseling and other leadership skills;
- Track the activity and performance trends of sales professionals, address with individual, as appropriate, and assure that sales professionals understand and adhere to all standards, policies, and procedures;
- Provide consistent field interaction and communication to ensure company’s message is clearly communicated;
- Build rapport and trust with agents, sales representatives and key surgeons to foster interdependent relationships that create strong connectivity;
- Coordinate training events for agents and sales personnel within the region;
- Assess quality of agents and sales representative force and recommend any changes necessary to accomplish sales objectives;
- Provide to senior sales management monthly reports regarding the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats of the region;
- Provide constant interaction with senior sales management regarding area sales objectives and provide quarterly area sales plans and results;
- Provide to senior sales management weekly reports regarding travel schedule;
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Expected Travel Time: 80%
All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence.
Life Spine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.