Title: Field Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Job Code: 3.29.1
Four-year degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, bioscience or related field preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of four year of experience in a sales / direct marketing role required. Experience in the Orthopedic (Spine) Sales Management disciplines preferred, with an emphasis sacroiliac fixation, minimally invasive spinal procedures, and deformity correction and fixation
Essential experience and skills:
· Familiarity with the operating / surgical room, and ability to guide surgeons through cases and capability to in-service facility staff.
· Demonstrates skills and ability to become a technical expert with Company products and programs including sacroiliac fixation, minimally invasive spinal procedures, and deformity correction and fixation
· Ability to obtain hospital and surgical suite credentialing
· Multi-task oriented, team player and able to lead and manage change.
· Excellent, professional written and oral communication skills.
· Outstanding interpersonal communications skills.
· Independent worker, entrepreneurial oriented, dynamic self-starter with initiative and drive to be successful.
· Well-organized with good analytical and time management skills.
· Able to react to situations with a “Sense of Urgency”.
· Computer proficient, including intermediate level understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Field Marketing Specialist for Life Spine, you will successfully support, generate and manage new and existing sales business to achieve and exceed performance goals. You will be required to think like a P&L owner, develop a deep understanding of the market and competition. You will be required to provide specific insights regarding pricing, product and marketing campaigns, and work to develop relationships with spine surgeons and other clinical professionals to support, promote and sell a full line of high quality, innovative spine products. You will develop your clinical expertise, selling techniques, product knowledge, and become highly knowledgeable about spine surgery, competitive products, and how to establish Life Spine’s brand by supporting clinical cases, training, promoting features, advantages and benefits, with prospective customers and internal employees.
Duties and Responsibilities also include:
· Identify and qualify viable prospects.
· Build rapport and trust with key surgeons to foster interdependent relationships that create strong connectivity.
· Visit hospitals and solicit orders from present and prospective customers for the assigned products.
· Aggressively seek new customers and formulate and follow plans for such action as directed by management.
· Meet or exceed product/sales quota and total company market share.
· Work with existing sales team to manage penetration within targeted new accounts.
· Recommend the addition of new products and the modification or deletion of present products to the line as appropriate.
· Stay attentive to competitor’s product and selling practices and keep Life Spine management informed.
· Support, attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed.
· Manage and support the field and internal training of any salesperson or surgeon as requested by management.
· Provide expert clinical support during clinical procedures.
· Assist and support PULSE program as directed by management.
· Provide consistent field interaction and communication to ensure company’s message is clearly communicated.
· Cooperate with all personnel on the execution of Company programs.
· Create and implement an annual business plan with quarterly updates.
· Submit activity reports and provide information as directed.
· Adhere to company policies and conduct all business in an ethical manner.
· Manage business with Life Spine profitability in mind.
Anticipated Travel: 75% +
Position Status: Full Time, Salary
Exempt Status: Exempt