Title: Financial Reporting Analyst
Reports To: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Qualifications: Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of 3-5 years progressive financial accounting or analysis experience is required. Ability to work in a quickly changing environment to meet deadlines and benchmarks.
Experience and skills:
- Ability to perform complex data analysis and business-applicable experience in data extractions, cleaning, integration, transformation and visualization
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and terms
- Able to maintain and modify existing reports and stored procedures
- Experience creating and scheduling recurring and automated reports
- Basic understanding of compiling of financial statements
- Must provide accurate work of high quality and demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services would be beneficial
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Financial Reporting Analyst serves as the financial liaison for the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager by collecting source data; design and build analyses/trending/forecasting reports using Excel and publishes metric dashboards and executive presentations. He/She should have a strong analytical mindset along with the ability to cultivate and maintain strong business relationships and be proficient in financial analysis and proactive idea generation.
Duties and Responsibilities also include:
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends in patterns in complex data sets.
- Develop processes, tools and templates to enable efficient, accurate and standardized data analyses and related deliverables; leverage automation to greatest extent possible.
- Contribute to ensuring that all changes to reporting, processes, and procedures are reflected, appropriately documented and that consistency is maintained within the department.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of information and reporting by identifying issues and fluctuations with core metrics/KPIs, facilitate changes; research questions; participate and/or lead process and data improvements efforts.
- Prepare Monthly department financial reports for management review.
- Communicate to management team on the analysis of variances and provide insightful comments, including recommendation of actions to enhance business performance and/or address any performance issues.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis/evaluations.
- Participate in initiatives to streamline the financial planning process and other business processes.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Position Status: Full Time, Salary
Exempt Status: Exempt