Title: Market Development and Education Manager
Reports To: Director of Market Development and Education
Job Code: 3.24.1
Qualifications: Four-year degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, bioscience or a related field is preferred. Minimum of seven years of experience in sales / direct marketing role in the spine and/or orthopedic industry required.
Essential experience and skills:
- Familiarity with the operating / surgical room, and ability to guide surgeons through cases and capability to in-service facility staff.
- Demonstrates skills and ability to become a technical expert with Company products and programs.
- Multi-task oriented, team player and able to lead and manage change.
- Excellent, professional written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communications skills.
- Independent worker, entrepreneurial oriented, dynamic self-starter with initiative and drive to be successful.
- Well-organized with good analytical and time management skills.
- Able to react to situations with a “Sense of Urgency”.
- Computer proficient, including intermediate level understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Position Description: As a Market Development and Education Manager for Life Spine, you will successfully generate and manage existing business to achieve and exceed performance goals. You will be required to think like a P&L owner, develop a deep understanding of the market and competition. You will be required to provide specific insights regarding pricing, product / marketing campaigns, studies and work to develop relationships with spine surgeons and other clinical professionals to sell and implement a full line of high quality, innovative spine products. You will develop your selling techniques and product knowledge, and become highly knowledgeable about spine surgery, competitive products, and how to establish Life Spine’s brand by promoting features, advantages and benefits, with prospective customers. You will assist in identifying and implementing marketing plans, product strategies, promotional programs, clinical studies, education and related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities also include:
- Manage and grow existing customers by providing high quality support and ensuring vertical growth
- Identify and qualify viable sales opportunities and key customers.
- Build rapport and trust with key surgeons and distributors to foster interdependent relationships that create strong connectivity.
- Establish and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships including distributors, surgeon users and hospital administration staff.
- Visit hospitals and solicit orders from present and prospective customers.
- Aggressively seek new customers and formulate and follow plans for such action as directed by the management.
- Meet or exceed sales quota and total company market share.
- Work with existing sales team to manage penetration within targeted new accounts.
- Stay attentive to competitor’s product and selling practices and keep Life Spine marketing management informed.
- Manage and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed.
- Provide and manage field and in-house training of any sales person and HCPs as requested by the management.
- Travel as requested to cover hospital cases, meetings, make account calls, and etc.
- Provide consistent field interaction and communication to ensure company’s message is clearly communicated.
- Cooperate with all personnel on the execution of company programs.
- Create and implement quarterly and annual business plans.
- Submit activity reports and provide information into CRM database as directed.
- Work with marketing, sales operations, sales, engineering and other departments to implement and track successful marketing campaigns and product launches that maximize Life Spine’s visibility.
- Develop and assist in analysis and planning of new product launches; all phases of marketing and product management.
- Manage and support with PULSE program, regional labs, surgeon and distributor visits.
- Develop and analyze surgeon product use data and provide insightful reporting and trends, including new surgeon user and first experience reporting.
- Assist other departments with inquiries about products and product related questions.
- Develop and manage clinical studies.
- Provide additional reports as requested by management.
- Adhere to company policies and conduct all business in an ethical and compliant manner.
- Manage business with Life Spine profitability in mind.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Position Status: Full Time, Salary