Title: Project Engineer Intern
Reports To: Director of Engineering / Senior Project Engineer Team
Qualifications: Working towards a Four-year degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
Essential experience and skills:
- SolidWorks and/or PRO-E Skills, 3D CAD experience.
- Ability to learn, grow and work within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Requires a motivated individual that is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Multi-task oriented, team player and able to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent, professional written and oral communication skills.
- Computer proficient, including basic level understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ultimately, we are looking for people that believe in applying themselves to manage the successful, timely realization of company goals. This includes, at minimum, the desire and ability to embrace working with every discipline within the organization to achieve the number one company goal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Engineer Intern will work with a cross functional team (surgeons, sales, marketing, engineering, and manufacturing) to design innovative surgical implants and instrumentation. The PEI will assist with concept development, product design, validation and product launch. Along with management and the engineering staff, the PEI will learn all of the various aspects of product development including mechanical design, materials procurement, feasibility, prototype fabrication, testing, surgeon product development meetings, wetlab/cadaver testing, and product launch. This is an opportunity for a creative, hardworking individual to see his/her ideas come to fruition in a market place that helps people lead a higher quality of life.
Duties and Responsibilities also include:
- Learn and Participate in the mechanical design of various surgical implants and instrumentation.
- Generate solid models and design drawings/specifications. (Pro/Engineer).
- Interface with vendors for critical component selection and tool qualification.
- Interface with surgeon designers and marketing personnel.
- Interface with all facets of company operations, such as purchasing, quality, regulatory, marketing, sales and executive management etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.