Title: Purchasing Specialist
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Job Code: 6.10.3
Qualifications: Four- year degree required. Minimum of three years of experience with hands on purchasing and/or buying. Experience in medical devices or a fast paced ISO certified facility.
Essential experience and skills:
- Goal oriented and motivated self-starter able to make decisions within a parametric environment.
- Strong PC skills: Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office) and ERP system understanding required.
- Must be a quick learner and possess excellent computer skills and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skill, and superior organization skills.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Candidate must be able to work with challenges presented by a small developing company and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in demanding environment.
- Must be able to prioritize with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under limited supervision, the Purchasing Specialist performs all daily procurement/ purchasing activities such as preparing Purchase Orders, analyzing quotations, expediting deliveries, project requirement planning and purchasing repetitive items where existing arrangements have been established. The Purchasing Specialist is a self-starter able to make decisions within parametric environment and possess a high level of organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities also include:
- Source, negotiate and procure products and services including both inventory and non-inventory purchases.
- New product introduction activities: vendor coordination, quotes, first articles; product costing estimates; coordinate pre-production activities.
- Preparing and reviewing of purchasing requisitions and issuing of purchase orders.
- Working with Marketing, Engineering, and Operations to establish/define reorder points and economic order quantities.
- Identify sources and associated outside work as well as evaluating vendors capabilities of meeting production schedule’s requirements.
- Assisting in cost reduction initiatives.
- Negotiating pricing with vendors, helping in lower overall project cost.
- Building and developing key relationships with vendors.
- Maintain necessary records and files for efficient operations and prepares reports as required.
- Manage supplier approval processes and associated documentation.
- Maintaining and scorecarding of vendor performance for managing supply chain for improvements.
- Developing and/ or modifying appropriate policies and procedures for managing supply chain for improvements, in collaboration with other Operations.
- Works with various functional areas such as Operations, Quality and Regulatory, Inventory, and Accounts Payable to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Able to establish and maintain forthcoming project management reporting against project status.
- Work with MRP/ERP system with additional Excel and reporting responsibilities.
- Supplier visits, location specific.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Physical Demand: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Anticipated Travel: 15-30%
Position Status: Full Time, Salary
Exempt Status: Exempt