Title: Customer Account Coordinator
Reports To: Customer Support Manager
Job Code: 7.2.4
Four-year degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Kinesiology or related field preferred, a high school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of one year of experience in the customer support, marketing and/or sales disciplines. Experience in medical devices or medical products highly preferred with business related experience, and/or order processing skills.
Essential experience and skills:
- Well-developed customer care focus, understanding the importance of customer satisfaction and patient safety.
- Multi-task oriented, team player and able to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent, professional written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communications skills, particularly proficient telephone etiquette.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility.
- Well-organized with good analytical and time management skills.
- Able to react to situations with a “Sense of Urgency”.
- Computer proficient, including intermediate level understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Customer Account Coordinator will play a key role in the execution of sales, and marketing activities through tactical support and hands-on coordination of internal projects and external resources. The Customer Account Coordinator works in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that works closely with the internal departments in support of field sales efforts. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the customer product transactions in an accurate and efficient manner while maintaining a high level of communication with external and internal teams, including but not limited to Sales Management, distributor customers, Marketing, Clinical Education and Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities also include:
- Serve as the primary internal contact for Sales Management, distributors, and hospital staff within assigned geographic territory.
- Create and maintain customer accounts via phone support and data order entry of all phone, fax and email orders.
- Process sales orders for prompt, accurate and timely billing.
- Work the internal and external sales teams who inquire about products and billing related questions, including purchase order issues and/or pricing discrepancies.
- Ensure accuracy of customer fulfillment goals by communicating with field sales about any questions or discrepancies.
- Coordinate movement of inventory in the field when requested and approved.
- Provide reports of Field Sales and distributor consignment inventory as requested.
- Support and enhance a closed-loop Product Experience Report process.
- Investigate customer complaints involving such matters as damaged items and delay in shipment, and take necessary actions resulting in customer satisfaction.
- Issue and follow up on RMA requests to ensure product is returned in a timely manner. Including but not limited to expiring/expired inventory, excess inventory, obsolete inventory and complaints.
- Gather preliminary data and assist in making decisions concerning critical situations dealing with customer orders, product availability, shipping errors, and returned goods.
- Works with Sales, Marketing, Clinical, Accounting, Regulatory, Engineering and Operations to manage field inventory.
- Assist Clinical Education and Marketing with training labs on an as needed basis.
- Develop basic product knowledge for all Life Spine products.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Anticipated Travel:Less than 5%
Position Status: Full Time, Hourly
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt