Qualifications: Four-year degree in marketing, engineering, biology, communications or related field required. MBA required. Minimum 10 years of marketing experience or 12 years of R&D, sales and marketing mixed experience within the medical device industry required, spine preferred. Knowledge of FDA 510(k) submission process preferred.
Position Description: As a Director of Marketing you will be responsible for managing a team of product managers, creating a strategy around your product group, and being responsible for the product group P&L. You and your team will plan, organize, and control an assigned products from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives. You and your team will spearhead marketing product development and lead an exciting new products from inception through commercialization lifecycles. You and your team will partner with engineers, surgeons and a diverse population of internal/external teams on integrated product design iterations. Specifically you will devise the business strategy, product inputs, evaluations, branding, surgical technique, and sales and customer training strategy. Most importantly at the end of development evaluations you and your team will ensure an execution of a highly visible product launch with revenue goals in mind. You are motivated and ready to immerse yourself in this role to become the leader and subject matter expert, as you are results-oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, manage, mentor team members
- Create business strategy plans
- Manage product group P&L
- Demonstrate strong presentation
- Create strategic marketing campaigns and develop all product support materials
- Provide direct technical support to the sales force and assist in meeting sales objectives
- Participate in key sales situations for the products
- Produce competitive analysis and product forecasts
- Conduct market analysis to develop product definitions.
- Plan, organize and develop product support and launch packages
- Monitor and document emerging trends for the products
- Provide technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas such as executive management, sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing and operations to develop and provide business strategy, product definitions, responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Develop and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for products.
- Provide financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Conduct market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company’s history.
- Produce competitive analysis and materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Create and implement business plans that optimize both the market share and profitability of existing and new products.
- Create strategies for product pricing, and positioning
- Prepare and allocate budgets across product marketing initiatives
- Specify all market requirements for current and future products (min. 2-3 years out)
- Execute on time product launches
- Develop and manage KOLs for the respective product group.
- Develop and implement go-to-market plans both domestic and international
- Develop and implement product lifecycle strategy
- Ability to multi-task a variety of responsibilities, functions under deadlines/time constraints and pressures, and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to process and track a high volume of information and assignments. Follow-through skills and strong attention to detail a must.
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Must be able to work independently, have excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility.
- Ability and willingness to work over-time (after 5:00p.m.) as dictated by business needs
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication
- Analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Relationship building
- Attention to detail
- Project management, working with timelines and milestones
Physical Demands: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Anticipated Travel: 25 – 35%
Position Status: Full Time, Salary