Title: Distribution Specialist
Reports To: Inventory Supervisor
Job Code: 6.3.3
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of two years of experience in a warehouse and/or inventory role. Experience in medical devices or medical products highly preferred.
Essential experience and skills:
- Understanding the importance of customer satisfaction and patient safety.
- Multi-task oriented, team player and able to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent, professional written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility.
- Able to react to situations with a “Sense of Urgency”.
- Computer proficient, including basic level understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Distribution Specialist will be responsible for high levels of inventory control in a fast-paced environment. This person will be involved in a wide variety of tasks including inventory system work, building and breaking down sets, counting parts, labeling, moving, cleaning instruments, running audits, and processing ingoing and outgoing shipments.
Duties and Responsibilities also include:
- Performs warehouse cycle counts, distribution cycle counts, weekly empty location audits and reports results to operations.
- Interprets and reconciles warehouse reports. Investigates all inventory errors and report results to warehouse management.
- Collect daily warehouse activity data by use of various PC applications and warehouse management system.
- Investigates and reconciles all warehouse management system generated suspense file items.
- Works with Short Range Planning and Distribution operation to resolve inventory issues.
- Assists in the preparation and execution of the annual physical inventory.
- Verifies out of stock items for distribution operation.
- Assists in processing back to stock items.
- Follows all safety and good manufacturing practices (GMP’s).
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: Must be able to use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects. Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 50 pounds. Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out and be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath. Must also be able to see details at a close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Anticipated Travel: Less than 5%
Position Status: Full Time, Hourly