Title: Quality Control Inspector
Reports To: Lead Lab Technician
Job Code: 5.5.5
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of two years of related experience in a manufacturing environment required; medical device industry preferred. ISO / FDA / GMP Standards understanding and implementation experience. Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection, including working knowledge of calipers, optical comparators, bore gages, digital height gages, O.D./I. D. micrometers, indicators, Rockwell testing, gage pins/blocks, blue-print reading, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and microscopes.
Essential experience and skills:
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with high performance teams.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality Control Inspector will adhere to quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of advanced composite materials and applications (consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals). Duties performed will be in product acceptance type function.
Duties and Responsibilities also include:
- Perform incoming inspection and test of components, packaging materials and final product in compliance with company procedures and ISO / FDA / GMP standards;
- Conduct analysis, inspection, and trending in accordance with inspection plans, work instructions and other quality standards to assure the quality of assigned product or component;
- Prepare Non-Conforming Materials Reports and follows up on issued Corrective Actions;
- Ensure all documents and data obtained during quality assurance activities is consistent with company policies and procedures;
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, work instructions, inspection plans, travelers and other forms;
- Inspect incoming parts according to blue-print & drawing specifications;
- Identify problems and recommend product improvements related to inspection;
- Knowledge of ISO:13485 preferred.
Physical Demands: Must be able to use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects. Be able to stand for extended periods of time. Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 30 pounds. Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus with or without the use of prescription glasses.
Anticipated Travel: Less than 5%
Position Status: Full Time, Hourly
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt