Title: Staff Accountant (A/P)
Reports To: Corporate Controller
Job Code: 4.5.5
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in accounting. Minimum of 2 years of Accounts Payable experience required. Basic accounting knowledge required. 1-3 years of experience with a mid-to-large scale ERP system preferred. Experience in medical device or manufacturing preferred.
Experience and skills:
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when needed to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Computer proficient, including intermediate level understanding of Microsoft Excel utilizing v-lookups, pivot tables and linked formulas.
- Well organized with good time management skills.
- Able to react to situations with a “Sense of Urgency”.
- Excellent, professional written and oral communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position includes entering of A/P invoices, processing weekly check runs, verifying and approving expense reports in Concur, gather of data for Sunshine Act Reporting, month end responsibilities will include creating and inputting journal entries, and maintaining account reconciliations, assist with audit and tax support.
Duties and Responsibilities also include:
- Accounts Payable processing from start to finish, which includes data entry of invoices and processing weekly check runs.
- Weekly verification of the accuracy of expense reports submitted through Concur and approve up to the next level based on company policy guidelines for expense reporting.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures related to AP, Inventory, Fixed Assets and other Balance Sheet Accounts, update and maintain various account reconciliations.
- Prepare all journal entries and financial statements for Subsidiary.Reconcile payables and receivables between Life Spine and Subsidiary.
- Assist with Sales/Use Tax Filings along with other compliance filings (annual reports)
- Responsible for annual Sunshine Act Reporting which includes gathering of data.
- Provide audit support for duties and responsibilities.
- Document current procedures as it relates to job functions.
- Backup to Accounts Receivable Position which includes collection calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Anticipated Travel: Less than 5%
Position Status: Full Time, Salary
Exempt Status: Exempt